Some time ago I wrote an entry (perhaps several) covering some of the technical aspects of “Recoder” which was a tool I originally created because I wanted to effectively duplicate my music library from it’s current .flac format to a “mirrored” copy using the same folder structure where all the files were .mp3 files. I’ve found the tool useful on a few occasions and shared a rather obtuse zip file that contains the program.
I decided to make a proper installer for it, and I even added a row to my old sites download database, even though the original admin back-end doesn’t work.
The download and a somewhat unhelpful blurb can be accessed directly here.
On a slightly related note, I really must rework how my downloads are made available, or at least better integrate it into the blog pages in some manner.